English as an Additional Language
As a school, we work closely with the company Babcock to ensure that pupils with English as an additional language are able to access the curriculum. To help our families, we have put together a selection of websites to encourage and build your child's use and understanding of English.
Click on the image to see the range of websites Babcock have collated from learning English to computer programming.
Other helpful websites:
- https://ealresources.bell-foundation.org.uk/ EAL Nexus is great helping pupils research different science, history and geography topics.
- collaborativelearning.org This website has activities that focus on speaking and listening. Resources are in simple English to help understanding.
- http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/ This website has a mixture of online activities and printable work to. Very good for children who are new to English.
- https://www.englishactivities.net/englishgames interactive games for basic vocabulary and sentence building.
- https://www.gamestolearnenglish.com/ interactive games for vocabulary, tenses and sentence building.
- Google translate page
- https://www.collinsdictionary.com/translator/french-english Another translating website.